December 2, 2010

Stacking Blocks!

There was a period of time when it felt that Jayden's development was stagnant - nothing was changing.  Lately however, I feel Jayden is doing new things daily!  Just this afternoon I watched as he stacked blocks into a tower, 3 high!  This is something we have been working on in therapy for months but he just had no desire to do at home.  Last week, I noticed he randomly stacked two legos - I thought it was just by chance.  Then this afternoon he is stacking and stacking.  Clearly he knows how to stack blocks!

I bought Jayden a book of photos a few weeks back -the book was another priceless purchase.  He loves to flip through the pages and point and photos which I repeatedly label for him.  Today he found the photo of a brown pony which looks much like the pony he rides each week:  kvika.  Clearly, he recognized this pony and he kept signing more - I think he wanted to go riding!!

Jayden is trying to get over a cold right now.  I look forward to him looking better soon so we can get out of the house and participate in activities again.  I think both of us are going a bit stir crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment